Monday 13 July 2009

Chocolate Slice




I had a chocolate slice recipe from a friend when the boys were in primary school. It was always a favourite, but since going gluten free I hadn't made it. So I thought I'd try and convert it to gluten free and see how it went. I've tried it twice before adding it on to the blog. It is a still very yummy and no one knows the difference. So I thought I'd share it.

CHOCOLATE SLICE
1 cup gluten free plain flour (I use Orgran brand)
3 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
1 tablespoon cocoa
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup coconut
3 tablespoons butter
1 tin condensed milk
1 packet chocolate buttons (you can use the big melts or I now use Woolworths Home Brand milk choc melts - cooking buttons)

Melt the butter. Mix all dry ingredients together. Pour on the condensed milk and butter. Stir to combine.Pour into a slice tray (11 x 7 inches) that has been lined with baking paper. bake at 160c for 30 - 35 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment